- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or petite diced ( liked the small little bites of tomatoes)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley (I used fresh and it gives it a bright touch. Add toward the end of cooking time–same with the basil)
- 3 leaves fresh basil torn
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Saute garlic until aromatic and tender.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano, parsley, Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, bay leaves and onion powder.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 40 minutes.
**Adapted from Allrecipes