This is a melt-in-your-mouth, moist, bursting with blueberry, anytime cake, that will be your new go-to, recipe. The recipe makes enough for two cakes, perfect for a crowd (or large family), or for eat one, freeze one for later. Drizzle with icing or smother in butter, and you’ve got heaven on a plate.
I made this for breakfast and it was a huge hit. Once again, I was crowned, best mother. Until I had them make their beds.
You won’t be disappointed with this recipe; it’s one you’ll keep in your repertoire!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In stand mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and blend on medium for 30 seconds.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in frozen blueberries. (To help keep blueberries from falling to the bottom, sprinkle them with a couple tablespoons of flour prior to adding into batter.)
- Bake at 375° for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (The bundt was done before the pie) Muffins take about 20 minutes.
Slightly adapted from I am Baker
Leave a Reply