Think that going Vegan means no more amazing fluffy waffles? Think again.
I got this recipe from Thug Kitchen and it is going in my list of faves for sure. Made with whole grain, organic cornmeal and maple syrup, this is filling, hearty and absolutely delicious. Load this waffle with berries and a banana and drizzle with some organic maple syrup. You’re set for a breakfast that will keep you going all morning long without the guilt or bloat!
You’ve got to make these.
- 2 cups cashew milk or your favorite non dairy milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup white whole wheat pastry flour
- Heat up waffle iron.
- Mix together your milk and vinegar in a small glass and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the milk and applesauce.
- Whisk together until there are no lumps.
- spray your sprayed hot waffle maker, pour on your batter and cook until done and crispy!
- Load with your favorite fruit and drizzle with maple syrup. Yum!!
Share this Recipe
I maDe this today and they were so delicious! But the batter was INITIALLY very runnY which confused me until i looked at the ORIGINAL Thug Kitchen recipe and saw it also called for 1 cup of flour whiCh i thinK may haVe been accidentally Omitted..
Jenny Penton says
corrected! Thank you!