This is the quintessential cake for fall! You are going to want to make this cake every year–apples, cinnamon and cream cheese frosting. Oh, so good!
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour I used whole grain Kamut flour and it was perfect!
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 assorted apples I used Granny Smith and Jonathan
- 1 cup walnuts
- Turn oven to 375 degrees. Stir the butter and next 3 ingredients together.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the apples and walnuts
- Spread unto a greased 13x9 pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese 1 stick of softened butter 1 tsp. vanilla 4 cups of powdered sugar whip up until light and fluffy! Top with fall sprinkles and walnuts--enjoy!!
- Adapted from Southern Living
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply