Carrot Cake muffins- so moist, so yummy and my whole family loves them. Sometimes we lightly glaze these, sometimes we add cream cheese frosting, sometimes we don’t even frost or glaze at all. Carrot cake muffins are perfect for baking up on your baking day and freezing them so you can pull out when needed. Perfect for school lunch boxes, the kitchen table in our homeschooling case, or just to pull out as a snack–amazing!! Baking and enjoying the fruits of your labor is deliciously sweet.
This recipe is our carrot cake recipe we make and just put the batter into muffin tins, so this batter makes a delicious round cake too for birthdays, parties and celebrations. Oh! and my glaze is just vanilla bean paste, powdered sugar and just enough milk to come together…perfection!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 large eggs
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add carrot, oil and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer till combined.
- Pour into lined muffin tins, 2 greased and floured cake pans, or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- For the muffins, bake in a 350 degree oven for about 14 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tin and cool thoroughly on wire racks before frosting.
- ** If baking in 2 cake pans or 9 x 13 baking dish, bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes**
- Cream Cheese Frosting option 1 stick of softened butter 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese 4 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all together in your mixer with wire whisk until whipped. For cupcakes, I spooned my frosting into a large ziplock bag and snipped the end with scissors. I piped my frosting on my cupcakes this way and turned out quite cute!
- For Glaze like pictured above: 2 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla splash of milk (about 1-2 tbsp.)
- mix and it's ready to drizzle on top or dunk the heads of the muffins.
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts
Leave a Reply