This meal is the definition of fall. Period. It is by far one of my favorites and I'm obsessed! Honestly, if you're not careful, you'll eat your weight with its deliciousness wallow in self loathing!! lol. All I'm saying is--be careful, it's addicting!!
- 2 9 oz packages cheese ravioli
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese more on top for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley lightly as garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ravioli to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.
adapted from Food Network magazine
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply