This soup is over the top! Completely Vegan and with, good for you, ingredients! This soup is creamy, and you get wonderful bites of sweet potato and cannellini beans and enveloped in a sweet pumpkin broth. And for crunch? Homemade croutons that are oil free, seasoned, crunchy, flavorful and absolutely delicious!
For any leftovers, the beans and sweet potato soak up that broth when stored in fridge overnight, so to remedy this you can either add more vegetable stock and reheat–yum! Or you can make some fluffy jasmine rice, keep the stew-like pumpkin soup as-is and ladle over the top. It’s perfect!!
For the Croutons:
Cut a baguette on the bias, lay out on a cookie sheet, spray with a little Pam spray (so the spices will stick) and sprinkle with a little salt, granulated garlic, cracked black pepper and a little crushed rosemary. Set your oven to broil and toast up for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Cut the toasts into fourths and add to your soup.
You’re going to enjoy this fall pumpkin soup!!
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin pie mix
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 1/4 cup veggie stock into your large sauce pan with your burner on medium heat. Add your onion until softened.
- Add your pumpkin, sweet potato and beans as well as your broth. Add salt and pepper and stir until fully combined and simmer with lid partially on until the sweet potatoes are softened--about 20 minutes.
- Get your croutons made and quarter them.
- Test your soup for seasoning, ladle in a bowls and add your homemade croutons!
Leave a Reply