This is one of my all-time favorite recipes for fall. So moist and a burst of fall pumpkin flavor in every bite and I’m not kidding. I always include this pumpkin bread in my fall baking day line-up–It’s seriously a necessity.
My baking days are 2–3 baking days in the month where I devote to baking: quick breads, cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, breads, rolls and the like and serve hot right out of the oven and then freeze the rest! My family is never without homemade goodness let me tell you.
A little planning, a candle, lit, and your apron on gets the mood started to dive into a full day of delicious flavors and aromas coming out of the oven! It’s glorious!
Add this recipe to your repertoire. Your family will love you.
- 1 15 ounce can canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour 2 standard bread loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. **Adapted from All Recipes
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply